This is the homepage of the exercises part of J. Tiberghien's course "Programming Concepts".
|Jan Lemeire||Jan.Lemeire@vub.ac.be||Ke 3.08
||02 629 16 79|
|Wesley Mattheyses||Wesley.Mattheyses@vub.ac.be||Ke 3.13
||02 629 29 80
||Pleinlaan 9, second floor, room PL9-27||02 629 16 71
||02 629 29 69|
Demo's : Check
Consult freely our Documentation & Technology pages
Download XDS 2.51 from
+Topspeed TSCP add-on.
Enkele bugs zijn opgelost & betere mouse-support (zie technology pagina)
Hieronder vind je gedetailleerde download en installatie instructies
XDS 2.32 (install this first & restart your PC)
READ THIS BEFORE INSTALLATION:
- Install folder:
- don't install XDS under "Program Files" or another folder with a space in its name!!! (create for example a folder /XDS)
- never use a folder with a space in its name! XDS doesn't understand this and gets mixed up.
- Update your version of XDS:
- just reinstall the new XDS in the same folder and overwrite the old folder
- also reinstall the topspeed package!
- hint: you don't really have to restart your PC
- If this XDS version expires (see expiration date in menu item help/about)...
- to use it afterwards, set the date of your PC back (see Control Panel: Date/Time)
- tip: change the date, leave the Date/Time window open by clicking the apply button, start XDS and put back the date when finished. Now you can program freely!
- also during installation it is wise to set back the date.
- Copy on floppy:
- use this easy-to-use filesplit program: HJsplit
- use the split function of HJSplit to split a file in pieces of 1.4 MB
- click the file box to choose a file
- the files will be named 001, 002, 003, ...
- transport them on floppy
- use the join function to rebuild the original file
- you'll need 5 floppies for XDS, the topspeed package and HJSplit (don't forget to copy the HJSplit program!)
- Download in PC rooms:
- your own Z-drive is only 10MB large!
- therefore, use the local drive L to download the files (or your new personal E: drive)
- remember: all files of this drive are deleted when you log out
- Burn on CD:
- take a blank CD or 1 Euro and come to 4k226...
- Eventually use this xc.msg (replace the file xc.msg of the bin directory of xds with this one to get our customised error messages, see here)
- Excelsior, the makers of XDS , where you can download new versions of XDS.
- Downloads > Native XDS-x86 Personal Edition : get your free personal XDS by giving your email-address
- PROBLEM with 2.50: the topspeed package (that we used) is not yet available